[cvsnt] More questions about CVS-Migration win13b4 ->win13b10 and cvsnt1.11.1 -> 1.11.1.3-65

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jan 16 13:18:51 GMT 2003

> Some more questions:
> 1) With the version win13b4 we used in the settings-folder an
> .cvsignore-file which included all file types we would not like to
> import in the repository. I copied this file into the new installed
> settings-folder - but cvs imports all the files!!! How do I get this
> work again?

You probably had your HOME directory (in WinCvs 1.3b10:
Admin|Preferences/WinCvs tab) set to your Settings folder. You would have to
do that again if you wanted the same effect. However, WinCvs will always
propose ALL files for Import just using the .cvsignore for defaults.

> 2) and even more: the first import windows shows an error in the first
> line, saying that almost all of my files I want to import have "escape
> characters" in it. What does this mean? What to do?

IIRC, you get this for all characters above ASCII 127, e.g. German umlauts.
I haven't yet had any problems from simply ignoring this warning.

> 3) I installed on a Windows2000-PC the cvsnt 1.11.1.3-65 and the
> wincvs13b10 and it's running fine in "local" Mode.
> Then I wanted to test the pserver-mode but it's not knowing the
> repository any more. What files and preferences exactly do I need for
> running the pserver-mode?

See my comments on the cvsgui list.

Hope this helps.

Oliver