[cvsnt] Win32 performance

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 17 10:08:34 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:49:30 +1300, "Martin Rothbaum"
<martin.rothbaum at nzqa.govt.nz> wrote:

>Comparing the PIII's running Win2k (1.1GHz) and Linux (0.8GHz) would
>suggest the Linux version is an order of magnitude faster for given
>hardware.  Are these results typical?  Is there anything we can do to
>improve performance on Win2k?  Obviously we could move the service to a
>faster server, but this would either cost money or cause operational
>difficulties.

Linux is faster than Win2k for the kinds of operations that cvs does.
cvsnt on Linux vs. cvsnt on Win2k might be a reasonable benchmark...
although I don't see any problems with the speed here (certainly
nothing like the speed difference you're seeing).