[cvsnt] Strange behavior of CVSNT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 17 11:17:48 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:56:12 +0100, Richard Wirth
<r.wirth at wirthware.de> wrote:

>Hello Tony,
>
>I observed the following:
>
>there is a directory 'xdelta' whith no files in it from the repository. B=
>ut=20
>automake has generated a 'Makefile' there.
>If I remove the directory from cvsnt/Entries, the update goes on:

That sounds like a broken sandbox.  xdelta doesn't exist on the
release branch, and there is definately no reference to it in the
autoconf scripts.

tmh at betty:~/cvsnt$ grep -r xdelta *
ChangeLog.old:  * TODO: Revise item #191 in response to xdelta 1.10
release and a
windows-NT/config.h:/* Stuff for xdelta */

>)
>P add.c
>S -> unlink_file(CVS/,,add.c)
>S -> unlink_file(CVS/,,add.c-1)
>S -> unlink_file(CVS/,,add.c-2)
>cvs [update aborted]: patch original file ./add.c does not exist
>
>But now we get another problem here.

I'm not sure how that error could ever occur.  It seems to imply that
add.c went missing halfway though the update, which doesn't make a lot
of sense.