[cvsnt] Tag Aborted

Federica Militello fmilitello at ubisoft.it
Fri Jan 24 09:11:38 GMT 2003

Thanks!
It works!!
Federica

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:13:26 +0100, Federica Militello
<fmilitello at ubisoft.it

>During a tagging process, some files gave problems and gave this error:
>
>cvs [tag aborted]: cannot rename file /path/,filename, to filename,v :
>permission denied
>
>Does anybody have an idea?
>It seems not to be a permission problem

Actually you may have a stray cvs.exe process running on the server.
Such a process will hold a file locked and you cannot commit or tag to
it. Kill it (can't be done from the task manager, you must use the
command line command to do it).
You should kill cvs.exe processes regularly. I do it in a scheduled
task each night and have very few such problems now.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)