[cvsnt] remote use of cvs client on win2k

CS casolorz at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:09:56 GMT 2003

I come from a linux background where all the server code releases we did we
used cvs. We would tag our code, then ssh into the server, then do a cvs
update of the tag ( a little more involved but thats the idea). Now I am
working on a win2k server, with IIS, and assuming the server doesnt have
telnet for security reasons, and walking over to the server to run cvs
update is not a good option, what are my alternatives? I know this is more
of a win2k remote administration question, but I figured a lot of you guys
probably do something similar. Also many people will be doing the cvs
updates (since its our development server and not production), so some of
the remote desktop applications might not work too good. Ideally I could ssh
into win2k? or use some web interface?
Anyways, please any pointers on what to do would be great.
Thanks,

--Carlos