[cvsnt] permissions problem.

Adam Shand ashand at pixelworks.com
Tue Jan 28 20:43:22 GMT 2003

Hi.

I have a small problem that I'm hoping there is an easy solution to.
I'm setting up a CVS server that our engineers use to collaborate on
code with our customers.  If possible I'd like to do all access control
with file permissions rather then repositories.

I've setup a directory structure like this:

c:\repositories
	\temp
	\lock
	\cvsroot
		\CVSROOT
		\cust1
		\cust2

It's important that cust1 NOT know that cust2 exists on the server (and
vice versa).  The way I attempted to do this was to create a group per
customer and give full permissions on their module directories and on
all the directories about that give *only* traverse permissions.

 From a permissions standpoint this seems to do what I want, however CVS
chokes because it can't stat the \cvsroot directory.

Is there a way around this?  I would like it if instead of choking it
just continued on it's way since they actually do have all the
permissiosn they need in \CVSROOT and \custX directories.

Thanks for any help and for such a great project.

ADam.