[cvsnt] Install

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 18:01:33 BST 2003

What have you done to try and diagnose the problem so far?  That's not a lot
to go on.  In general, I've seen setups hang because of shared components
that it needs to update being locked by another process, or even by another
copy of itself running.  Try a reboot if that is practical, examine your
task like and kill off any old copies of the setup & shut down all
non-essential programs if you can't restart the server.  Maybe even purge
your TEMP directories -- sometimes overloaded ones can cause various setups
to misbehave.

I don't have any specific knowledge of the internals of the setup for CVSNT,
this advice applies about equally to any setup issues.

I've never heard of anyone having hanging problems with CVSNT modern
installer, I strongly suspect it is a problem on your machine.

Regards,

Glen Starrett