[cvsnt] cvs [passwd aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote ma chine: Error 2

Nishant Varma NiVarma at dharbor.com
Tue Jul 1 21:42:37 BST 2003

Hi.

I have a CVSNT server running on my local machine. The NT user on my local
machine added as a user on this server.
I am trying to add another user on the same network domain to the list of
users on this CVSNT server. I referred the installation instruction guide
number 9 and did as instructed.

I get the error listed on the subject.

I was looking through the archive and found a similar issue. The answer to
the issue was the following:

"On the client machine open up a drive mapping to the server machine
(not the disk where the repository is using).
Then retry the cvs command.

I think this happens when there is no trust between the machines,
also you cannot use a W95/98/ME machine as client.

"

I did the same. On the client machine opened the drive mapping to the CVSNT
server machine to an arbitrary shared folder.

Then opened command prompt on the CVSNT server machine (which happens to be
my local machine) and gave following commands:

set cvsroot=:ntserver:<client machine name>:/test .

cvs passwd -a -r mmarkus  -D <domain name> markus

I get the given error.

Please help. Also is there a CVSNT administrator UI which I can use??

Thanks.

Nishant.