[cvsnt] Edit in offline mode

Erv Walter erv at epicsystems.com
Wed Jul 2 20:17:26 BST 2003

Hmm.  I can see your point.

If anything is done, Tony, please make it configurable.  At my
organization, I don't want anyone to be able to do cvs edit in offline
mode.  The server needs to know about all edits because the list of who
is editing files is a key part of the tools that we use to keep
communication flowing.  For example, we have a little wrapper that
presents the "cvs editors" information in a nice UI.  We also take
advantage of the fact that cvs.exe will warn you when you edit a file if
someone else is already editing it (you can then go talk to them and
make sure you guys are playing nice).  If people could do offline edits,
then the server could potentially have an inaccurate list of who is
editing what files.  That would not be good for us.