[cvsnt] Re: Can't authenticate ..... please help

Claus Petersen claus at puppetmaster.dk
Fri Jul 4 07:38:47 BST 2003

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:28b9gvsvinai4g5o3u5eq6rbj1pabi2r3l at 4ax.com...
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:28:35 +0200, "Claus Petersen"
> <claus at puppetmaster.dk> wrote:
> You haven't completed the server setup then. Before that is done no
> client access is possible.
> Go to the CVSNT applet in Control Panel, switch to the Repositories
> tab and Add a repository there (named Test). Let CVSNT initialize the
> repository when it asks, this is necessary in order to get the system
> working. Now there should be a directory c:\cvsrepo\Test with a subdir
> CVSROOT inside.
> And now you should be able to connect since you are on the same
> machine as the server so there will not be any authentication issues.
> /Bo

I had actualy  added a repository called test, the way you described, but
something must have gone wrong, so I deleted the repos. and added a new one
called Test, I have now a subdir in that called CVSROOT, so far so good.

after running the following commands in a dos prompt on the machine where
cvsnt i running, the results is this:
C:\>set cvsroot=:sspi:iserver:/Test

C:\>cvs ls -l -r
cvs [ls aborted]: the :sspi: access method is not installed on this system

The sspi_protocol.dll  IS located in the install dir, so it should be able
to find it (or am I wrong in this)

Claus

---