[cvsnt] One Repository or Multiple Repositories

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Mon Jul 7 20:19:32 BST 2003

Ah, but there is.  Last time I checked, CVSNT was limited to 64
repositories.  As our current active client list is at 104, keeping a
repository for each one would simply not work.

I highly recommend making a "Clients" repository and individual modules
beneath that.  As I understand it, the only limit on modules is the one
imposed by the file system for folders.

Likewise, as it takes an administrator to create a repository - do you
really want a network admin in the chain of establishing a new client?

This also allows you to maintain a single set of scripts for all the clients
(for good or ill).