[cvsnt] Re: support.cvsgui message format sucks...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 10:10:11 BST 2003

> I noticed that there was a "pause" for about a week when no messages
> from cvsgui came through the cvsnt newsserver.
> Now they have started to appear again, but contrary to before the
> pause the messages are containing a whole lot of HTML tags embedded in
> the text making the messages next to unreadable.
> Can this be switched off in the cvsnt newsserver?

Hmm, I noticed the one-week pause (probably due to the server-problems Tony
talked about) but I do not see the sudden increase in HTML-messages. AFAICT
among the last 50 messages or so there were just two HTML messages. I
usually do not even notice this because I have configured my OEx to "read
all messages as plain text". I just reset this option to verify your
comment. However, if your newsreader cannot interpret HTML (and be it only
to convert it back to plain-text) I can see that a server-side conversion
would be useful indeed.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org