[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt status

Erv Walter erv at epicsystems.com
Tue Jul 15 14:50:46 BST 2003

Unfortunately, subversion are going strongly down a non-Microsoft path
(Apache, BerkeleyDB, etc).

CVSNT with a SQL backend will be an improvement (you get a transactional
backend for free, although it seems Tony wants to do it himself for some
reason), but we still have to live with the less-than-ideal client :)
For enterprise team development (400 developers, growing monthly) great
communication tools built into the SCS are needed.  Easy (and scalable)
branching and merging are needed.  A great (with a low learning curve)
GUI is helpful so that we can worry less about newbies at the company
screwing up a complex command line operation.  However, a command line
or API for integrating with build engines and for advanced users is of
course needed.  Top notch integration with VS.NET is helpful as well.

Ok, enough of the dreaming :)  Heck there, are barely any commercial
products that have all that.