[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt status

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 17 12:25:49 BST 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:34:11 +0200, Torsten Martinsen <torsten at tiscali.dk>
wrote:

>Other people have pointed out that MySQL is (also) GPL, but I'll just
>mention another Free database which works fine on Windows: Firebird.

I'll look at that...

Ok MSSQL is out because people hate it.  I can do a MySQL backend quite easily
(I need to redesign the schema a bit anyway.  I can do it 'better' now.

I've also been doing some thinking about where to go.   I've worked out a way
to ditch the locking entirely, which will even work with the existing RCS
stuff I think.  You also get checkout consistency (if you start a checkout and
someone else updates the repository at the same time you always get the
version that was current at the time the checkout started).  For rollback,
though it'll need SQL for the transactioning.

Getting the schema right is my main priority now...