[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt status

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Jul 18 08:44:40 BST 2003

> Tony, please give us some more insight on mergepoint processing. I beleive
> there are several persons that keep tagging branches and merging
differences
> between tags and this sucks quite a bit (repos can be quite large as all
of
> us know). We would like to know if/how we can to without it.

AFAIHU you could basically just forget all about the issue. Merging multiple
times will always merge from the last mergepoint unless explicitly told to
do otherwise.

Nevertheless I still think it's good practice to put tags on merge and
branch points. Otherwise there's no way to see at a glance when/where a
merge was done. Or am I maybe just missing some new query mechanism that
could be used to determine this?

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org