[cvsnt] cvsnt hangs when tagging many files / large directories

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Tue Jul 22 08:54:04 BST 2003

Hi,
I have a problem with cvsnt2.0.4; cvsnt2.0.7 shows the same effect:
cvsnt hangs when tagging many files (reproducable; for verifying I tried
with a perl5.6 distribution-some 1500 dirs altogether, I think)
Adding & commiting the files is no problem, but when I try to tag the top
dir (module),
cvsnt starts listing the ignored (CVS) directories starting with
?path_to_CVS_dirs,
and after about 190 lines of output (i.e. ignored CVS dirs) cvsnt just
hangs.
I'm using a W2000 client and W2000 server, this effect shows with 2.0.4
and also with 2.0.7 on both client and server side.
Also tried it with cvsnt 2.0.4 on a Linux server. Finally aborting the
tagging by ctrl-c leaves a cvs zombie process there.

Can anyone use tagging (recursively) on really big directories without
problems?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus Gebhardt

ETAS/ESC-ES