[cvsnt] setting branch permissions

tim.webster at bt.com tim.webster at bt.com
Wed Jul 23 15:06:02 BST 2003

Hello,

	I've seen more that one reference to the fact that CVSNT can
restrict access to branches/tags by user.  But unfortunately, I can't find
any examples.  I was assuming this is done with the "cvs chacl" command.
Firstly, is this correct? And secondly, how does it work?  I've managed to
restrict access to certain branches allright, but what I'm interested in
doing is restricting access (or not enabling check ins) to the main trunk.
If I use this command to give someone only read access to MAIN or HEAD, they
can still seem to check stuff back in on the main trunk.

Anyone familiar with this?

The command I used was "cvs chacl -r MAIN (or HEAD) user:r <directory>" to
give read only access.

To be honest I don't know the different between MAIN, HEAD, and "default
branch".  I just assumed that one is an alias of the other.  Which one
should I be setting permissions on?

Thanks