[cvsnt] Renaming File (Case sensitive)

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Jun 2 12:57:21 BST 2003

If this is the case then the only way I can think of to get the new case
in WinCvs is to delete the file in your sandbox (*don't* use the X button in WinCvs!!!!)
using Windows Explorer.
Then select the now missing file in WinCvs (broken file icon)
and do an update. Maybe now the file will come back with the new case.
If this does not work then you must check out the module to a new location....

All of this of course provided that you are allowed to rename on the server.
In Unix Foo.txt and foo.txt are different files and so if you change the name
it is equivalent to destroying the file with its complete history and creating
a new file with the history of an old file. Really confusing for the other
persons who have this module checked out, especially if they are on UNIX....

As you might guess from the UNIX source of CVS there is no CVS command to rename
a file because a rename in effect is like I described above. Rename only really
makes sense in the Windows environment, and here it sould not matter..

Bo