[cvsnt] Problems with cvsnt on Windows 2003 Server

Holger Thiemann thiemann at sowatech.de
Mon Jun 2 17:30:26 BST 2003

Hi,

We moved our CVS from our old Linux Server to our new Windows 2003 Server
(with CVSNT).

We use WinCVS client on the XP-Professional Workstations. The Windows 2003
Server ist Domain Controler, therefore the clocks synchronize automatically.

We have the following problems:

1. If I import a module at 18:00 the files will be stored in CVS (as I can
see in the ,v file) with time 16:00. On a checkout the file has the time
15:00 and is displayed in red (modified). Commit/Update seems to work
normaly, but the files ist always red (modified), I think because of the
strange time difference.

2. Ich I do an update of a complete directory, everything seems to work
fine, but at the end I get the error "cvs server: cannot open directory .
for empty check: No such file or directory"

Clocks are synchronized, full access ist given to all domain users and to
system.

What could cause this two problems?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Holger Thiemann