[cvsnt] Re: Benefits of CVSNT vs cvs (cyclic) 1.11.x???

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso adrummond at bdmg.mg.gov.br
Mon Jun 2 21:56:15 BST 2003

I agree with you about file locking. But I was talking about commit operations with tens of files. The problem happens during a long commit when one file has already been updated and someone else reads the file *before* all files are updated. Then the person who checked out the files will have some files updated and some files that has not been updated yet. If you are lucky, the project won't compile. If you're not, the project will compile and weird things will happen.