[cvsnt] CVSNT Server crash

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Tue Jun 3 07:38:42 BST 2003

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:3edb1f3f.856865343 at news.cvsnt.org...
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:06:12 +0200, "Liviu Coman"
> <liviu.coman at web-dienstleister.de> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >When I run the following command the CVSNT-Server crashes and a dialog
> >will appear and ask me if I want a coredump
> >to be generated.=20
>
> Generate the core dump and send it to me and I'll take a look

I had the same problem once too (last week) but generating the core dump
failed as well! The crash occurred while committing files.

> >I also noticed that when I'm doing a commit on a large directory(has
> >subdirectory and files) directories in repository using pattern
> >"XXX##copy##" are created.
>
> You have atomic commits enabled.  They're hardlinked backups of the
original
> files.
I have atomic commits enabled, when the crash occurred 2 files were
committed and another 2 were not (4 files were modified in total). I do not
know how to make the roll-back work so I re-committed the missing files and
removed the ##copy## folders from the client side. I found it strange as I
thought atomic commit must either commit all files or none of them, but a
crash probably affects this behaviour.

> Tony

I am not using compression (i.e. no -z9 option). I am using CVSNT 2.0.4 (on
Windows 2000 Server) and WinCVS 1.3.13.1 Beta 13 (Build 1) on a different
Windows 2000 Server. Sorry but I do not have the exact errors that were
given.

--
Kevin Agius