[cvsnt] What is the author field in an RCS file is a numeral as in 12345 ?

Arvind Raman arvind_raman at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 11:17:03 BST 2003

Hi,

This seems to be a wierd problem.

In our organization the login Ids are numbers because
of which the RCS file that gets generated has a number
as an entry in the author's field.

I feel the rlog process (which gets spawned by CVSWeb)

doesn't parse such file. For as soon as I add an
alphanumeric character in front of the "numeric
author" the files are parsed correctly.

Does anyone know the reason behind it or a possible
fix to the problem or could point me to a resource
that would explain how to get rid of the problem.

I had actually modified the rlog.c file to build an
rlog customized for parsing such files, but this seems
to be giving some problems off late. (See my previous
message titled "Help on rlog + a possible bug"
attached below

regards
Arvind
Is there a way of knowing based on the process ID of
rlog (which may have been invoked either by CVSWeb or
by a CVS client) as to which file it is accessing ?

I need to kill an rlog process, which seems to have
gone in an infinite loop. The last time I killed the
rlog process, it somehow deleted the file that it had
locked.

I am using an old CVSNT version 1.11.1.3 and I guess
its high time I change to the latest build.

I think, this might be known to you guys, but the last
time I sent a mail I didn't get an acknowledgement or
a reply to my post. rlog somehow fails to parse
through a file which has a string of ===== or ----- in
it, which were added as commit messages. Does this
problem still remain in the latest build.