[cvsnt] chacl not working ?

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Fri Jun 13 13:25:55 BST 2003

Hi!

I was just trying to set access rights for a branch with chacl, but that
doesn't seem to work.
Here's what I used (while standing in the top directory of my module):
    cvs chacl -R -r KoenWork_branch ktanghe:rwc
where KoenWork_branch is the name of the branch and ktanghe is my user
name.
After pressing enter, the process seems to just "hang there" without
giving any feedback even after 10 minutes (and the module is just about
20 files "large").
I just aborted the process with Ctrl+C giving this:
    cvs [chacl aborted]: received interrupt signal

I'm using:
- server: CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 66) on Windows 2000 server
- client: TortoiseCVS 1.2.2 (latest stable version) on Windows 2000
(TortoiseCVS says it's using CVSNT  1.11.1.3 (Build 57j)

Koen