[cvsnt] Root request missing?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jun 17 20:04:03 BST 2003

I had my developer install WinCVS 1.3, now attempting to initialize a new
repository, this error is given:

cvs -d :pserver:sford at 192.168.1.8:/test init
cvs [server aborted]: Protocol error: Root request missing

The /test repository has been created and initialized...
<<<<

The init command is typically issued from the server with the control panel
applet.  I can't comment specifically on the error, but it doesn't look like
you're trying to init on the server (init doesn't work remote, remote init
has been discussed previously on this list).

btw:  Nice snapshots.

Glen Starrett