[cvsnt] cvsnt / samba problem

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Wed Jun 18 18:21:59 BST 2003

That's interesting - I have Z mapped to my directory on my Linux box,
and am able to check out files with no issues whatsoever, from anywhere
-

In a dos window, I go to Z:, and cvs co CVSROOT, and it works fine!

Have you tried other directories, and seen the same result?

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> Patrick Olinet <patrick.olinet at ard.fr> 06/18/03 10:02AM >>>

Hummm... Thanks for your reply by that's a bit frustrating, isn't it ?

I guess there are good reasons for that not to work but :

 - I think it's a common setup, specially when you deal with web
developpment and you want your remote web server to access your
sandbox
web files (in my case, my web server is also on my linux box). To put
web server locally on the Windows machine isn't a solution since it
requires you to duplicate its installation/configuration for each web
developper. It could be a lot of work and that's too error-prone.

 - It works when you use the Cygwin cvs client... so it's possible !
And I
don't want to install the whole cygwin package only to get access to a
cmd
line cvs client !

 - It also works (at least, I don't get the 'empty directories errors')
if
I use a regular network drive.

Rgds,
Patrick

<patrick.olinet at ard.fr>
> wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to use cvsnt as a CVS client on a Windows shared drive
but