[cvsnt] Login problems.

Peter Wolter pwolter at pakon.com
Tue Jun 24 00:34:24 BST 2003

Well I have been at this for a while.  I have been having problems
loging in to CVSNT.  It is a strange one here.  I tried pserver as well
as SSPI but I get the same results.

Some important information.
CVSNT server is running on a W2K Pro workstation on a W2K domain.
I was running pserver under W2K Pro workstation on a NT4 domain before
and it worked.

This is what happens.

I can login as Domain Administrator, locally and remotely.
I can login as myself if I am login Windows locally at the time.  I
cannot login as myself if I am login to Windows as Administrator.

I can never login as myself remotely.

Here is a dump of a failed attempt.
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

G:\>set cvsroot=:sspi:postalcow:/pakon

G:\>cvs logon
Logging in to :sspi:PWolter at postalcow:2401:/pakon
CVS password: *******
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from postalcow: cvs
[server aborted]: Authentication failed

I have tried CVSNT 2.0.2, 2.0.4, and 2.1.1 with the same results.
I also made sure that the client and server were running the same
versions.
Any ideas, I can't give my Administrator password to everyone.
Maybe is some permission that Administrator has but I wouldn't know
what!  I can look into that tomorrow.

Peter M Wolter
Electrical Engineer                Phone:(952) 653-2326
Pakon, Inc.                              1-866-227-1229
5950 Clearwater Drive, Suite 100     FAX:(952) 936-9509
Minnetonka, MN  55343   USA	E-mail:  pwolter at pakon.com