[cvsnt] Why is cvs update -A -r tag not possible?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jun 24 17:57:54 BST 2003

It sounds like he might want to revert to a previous version.  If that is
the case, then simply update your sandbox with the head version then do a

cvs update -jHEAD -j1.5 foo.c

for example to revert back to version 1.5, then you can commit to HEAD again
no problem.  Please forgive if the syntax isn't exactly correct, I don't use
that command very often, but it is documented in the command reference.

If that isn't the case, then let us know what it is you're trying to
accomplish and there is likely a way to do it that makes sense.

Regards,

Glen Starrett