[cvsnt] Export doesnt work properly anymore (2.0.4)

Mitch Davis Mitch.Davis at EXTEL.COM.AU
Wed Jun 25 14:39:50 BST 2003

> From: Bo Berglund [mailto:Bo.Berglund at system3r.se]
>
> I think we have upwards of 20-40 different script files that
> make use of the -N flag.
> Editing these will not be a simple task...

> The idea is that all you need on a workstation to make a
> setup is cvs and the bootstrap scriptfile. (which can be
> checked out in a regular sandbox so it can be
> updated if need be).

As a temporary workaround, can your script check the
version of CVS, and use "sed" to patch itself
according to which version of cvs export will work
properly?

It's quite easy to convert "cvs export -r HEAD
-d WSMDB -N Redist/MSDE2000" to "cvs export -r HEAD
-d WSMDB/Redist Redist/MSDE2000" using sed.  If I
knew more about how the two lines relate to each
other, I can tell you the sed expression.

Mitch.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is
confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). If you have received
this message in error, please contact sender by return e-mail and
destroy the message and any attachments.
Any opinions or undertakings expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority
states them to be the opinions of Extel.