[cvsnt] Re: Compilation error for CVSNT

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 25 23:43:16 BST 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:17:36 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> But unfortunately it does not work, the command:
>> cvs export -r HEAD -d TESTDIR -N Drivers/Sentinel
>> still results in the top of the Sentinel module being exported to
>> TESTDIR instead of to TESTDIR/Drivers/Sentinel
>>
>> Did I actually get the fix by updating on the 2_0_x branch?
>
>Make sure you're actually running the correct version on the server...
>It'll say 2.0.5 now.
>
>Tony

So it is an interaction between the server and client then? I thought
it was all done on the client side.

All my tests before were done with 2.0.4 on the server and 2.0.4,
2.0.0, 1.11.1.3b72 and 1.11.1.3b57l as the client version.
Here both 1.11.1.3 versions worked as expected and both 2.0.x did not
(still same server).

After managing to compile 2.0.5 and checking that the -N fix was
included in the sources I made another test with the server untouched,
and the client at 2.0.5, but no go...
Same result as before.

If I am to replace the server version also then it will have to be a
quiet day for the tests. Maybe tomorrow but I don't know..

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)