[cvsnt] Add Module script

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 19:12:48 BST 2003

I think I know what may be happening.  Let me see if I have this correct:

--You connect to IIS with NT Authentication

--You are running the python script with that authority

--You are trying to get the python script to validate with SSPI to another
machine (gambit)

If that is all true, I believe the problem is that the NT Authentication
credentials are not transitive--that is, IIS can impersonate you ONLY on the
local machine and it does not apply to the other machine (gambit).

Try looking that up in the MS KB and you'll find it there.  I would suggest
either moving your script to run on the CVS server or use pserver | sspi
with a CVS Login (pserver only so that you can use a dedicated acct and not
have to hardcode your password in the script or pass it in clear text over
your network to the IIS box).

HTH

Glen Starrett