[cvsnt] Re: Explanation of crash on cvsnt server?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 5 10:18:16 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:24:50 -0700, "Daniel Rabe" <drabe at eloquent.com> wrote:

>Hey, this sounds like what I'm seeing! I'm running a script to try to
>convert our SourceSafe database to CVS. It's crashed this way about three
>times in the last week or so. I tried sending the crash dump to the
>crash-dumps email address, but it's too large. (The crash dump is 14Mb, and
>the mailbox apparently has a 10Mb limit.)

Try using the latest nightly, which contains about the only possible fix I
could think of (even that is in the 'can't happen' category).

I've run a test of 1000 commits of a large file + 1000 commits of a small file
and had no problems.  I've no idea what could be causing since the crashdumps
I have seen basically involve sudden memory corruption, and there's nothing
external affecting it.