[cvsnt] Binary vs text guesser

Terris Linenbach noreply at nowhere.nwh
Wed Mar 5 20:11:53 GMT 2003

I commend both TortoiseCVS and WinCVS for making the job of importing files
easier, namely by guessing whether files are binary or not.  The only
comment I have is it would be nice if CVSNT would do the same.  Ideally all
three products would share the same code and the same configuration, which,
in my mind, means that the "guesser" would actually be located in CVSNT's
DLLs.  This would make script-driven imports actually feasible.  Even better
if the logic could determine whether a file is UNICODE, either by looking
for the UNICODE header bytes, or via wildcards.

Just some .02 from the gallery.