[cvsnt] Branch only for a subdirectory?

Paul Russell paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 5 23:41:13 GMT 2003

If you're running in Windows, get Tortoise CVS. Right click on anything (file a file or a folder), and you'll get a popup showing what you can do (branch, tag, update, add, remove, commit, ...).

And when you what to change back to a branch or fetch a tagged file, Tortoise presents a list of all the tags and branches that exist - just pick one, no proplem with remembering the spelling.

I recommend adding a "tag_" or "br_" prefix to Tag and Branch names so its easy to see which is which.

TortoiseCVS just makes CVSNT sooooo easy, especially for people like me who can't remember all the command like options.

-Paul

 Andreas Tscharner <andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch> wrote:Hello World,

I'm using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 build 73.

I wanted to know if it is possible to make a branch only for a
subdirectory within the my module.

Example:
Module A
A\
Foo.c
Bar.h
B\
CVS\

B is a subdirectory and I want to make a branch just from B without
touching the rest of A

Is this possible?

Best regards
Andreas