[cvsnt] Re: Idea on "Something bad happened"

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Mar 11 23:00:07 GMT 2003

Lynn (D) wrote:

> Today, I was cleaning up and noticed a Dr.Watson dump file that contains
> some interesting information about these crashes.  Most of them match
> the one shown below with the crash happening (apparently) inside
> NtWaitForMultipleObjects.  Then I had my idea:  I wonder if this is a
> multi-threaded race condition that only presents itself on SMP (multi-
> processor) machines?

The only threads that run are the monitor threads when cvs processes the
xxxinfo files (and there should only be one of those at a time, usually).
Plus I develop most of the time on a dual-processor machine anyway.

Please try with build 75 (or even better the nightlies as there's a fix in
there that caused crashes on some unicode files), then send me the dump
file.  Posting Dr.Watson errors isn't really helping...