[cvsnt] Restricting CVS administartion to certain users only?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Mar 12 09:10:27 GMT 2003

I had thought that when using CVSNT the scope of CVS admins can be controlled by the
CVSROOT/admin file. Today when I had a temporary worker to let into our CVS server I
created a new repository for him and set the NTFS file system such that he can access
this repository only. Then I wanted to check up on the cvs administration so I created an
admin file in CVSROOT and entered a bogus login name there. Then I went to my checked
out sandbox for CVSROOT and modified a file (config) and committed it expecting the
operation to fail, but it did not!

Note that the sandbox was created by me checking out CVSROOT as myself before the
addition of the admin file and I have *not* added my login to the admin file.
Still I am able to check in modifications to the administrative files...

We use :sspi: and domain authentication and I am an admin on the CVSNT server but not
on the domain. The version of CVSNT is: b72 on the server and I still use b68 on my client.
(This should really be changed, but won't affect my question really).

How can I make sure that *only* the logins listed in admin are allowed to administrate CVS???