[cvsnt] Upgrading CVSNT build 57j to latest build - any problems/recommendations/BKMs?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Mar 14 18:02:31 GMT 2003

Normally you don't have to do much when upgrading from one version to a later one.
But in this case you have another situation, which requires the uninstallation of
CVSNT before you do the new install.
The reason is that the old setup will not be recognized by the new installer since
CVSNT switched from using InstallShield to InnoSetup somewhere between 57j and 75.
But don't be afraid, it is not a big deal really, all of the repository settings are
retained (stored in the registry) and of course the repository files themselves are
also safe.
Just uninstall, themn install and go to the Control Panel applet and check the
settings (should remain intact, but you can check to make sure).

Concerning the compatibility with Toroise I have no input since I use WinCvs and
the command line cvs only.

/Bo