[cvsnt] CVSNT 1.11.1.3-76 pserver very slow on serveral servers

Thomas Mahringer tmahring at csc.com
Mon Mar 17 12:21:31 GMT 2003

I'm using cvsnt as sc-control for an eclipse project.
I've installed and configured cvsnt on serveral servers  and have tried a
lot of different configurations with pserver: using domain accounts, using
local account, using pwd-file only, with and without impersonation, with
dns-name and raw ip-address. on most servers all cvs commands are really
slow, they only work fast if issued on my local machine.

Expamle:
set cvsroot=:pserver:user at server:d:/cvs/repo
cvs login
cvs ls -l -R

This cvs ls command takes 10 seconds to list the contents of an almost
empty repository. On my local machine it takes only 1 second.
Doing the same from eclipse (eg.: commit of a file) shows that the
authentication takes most of the time.

thanks a lot in advcance
tom