[cvsnt] How do I find the branch name during a tag, rtag or commit

Jeffrey S. Nelson jnelson at covansys.com
Thu Mar 20 15:51:29 GMT 2003

Does the branch name get passed into the following scripts.

Taginfo
VerifyMsg
Commitinfo

If not, then how can I get the name of the branch that is being updated or tagged.

Example 1:
cvs rtag -R -r Branch TagName projectname

We want to write a message to a log file during the build and label process.  We want the log files to be seperated by branch names.

Example 2:
cvs commit -R -r Branch projectname

We want to verify that the comment for the given commit is not blank.  Also if this is a specific branch then we want to also verify that the comment also has a budid in it.

Thanks.