[cvsnt] Please restore your CvsNT guide

Adam Shand ashand at pixelworks.com
Fri Mar 21 18:07:43 GMT 2003

A wiki is a cgi script which creates a collaborative online environment.
  They work quite well for allowing a community to generate online
documentation, though they do tend to be a bit anarchic and rub some
people the wrong way.

They have a couple distinctive features:

  * Anyone can edit any page at any time (they use methods like revision
control to protect against abuse).

  * The use a simple markup which is good for writing documentation
(don't have to worry about closing tags etc)

  * The use camel case WikiWords to automatically create links to other
pages.  In this example anywhere WikiWords appears in a page it would
actually be a link to a page called "WikiWords".

If you're interested in learning more you can see the original c2 wiki
(it was developed originally for discussions on "extreme programming").

  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WelcomeVisitors

MeatBall is another very popular wiki dedicated to the discussion of
online communities with particular attention paid to wiki's.

  http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl

Adam.