[cvsnt] cvsnt file version resource broken...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Mar 23 07:48:39 GMT 2003

Tony,
I can't compile the latest revision of cvs. I get these errors:

F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\res\pserver.rc2 (24): error
RC2237 : numeric value expected at CVSNT_PRERELEASE_FLAG
F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\res\pserver.rc2 (24): error
RC2167 : unrecognized VERSIONINFO field;  BEGIN or comma expected

I noted in the commit comments the following:
Log message:
	Change version numbering & up to 2.0.0rc1.

I believe that the file version resource must be a numeric entry like
one item.
If using this then one would expect 2.0.0.<build>
With a straight number system here then the installer would be able to
check easily for version level etc and no overwrites of older versions
would occur.
There are other resources that can hold whatever text one might want
to include the 'Release Candidate' message.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)