[cvsnt] CVSNT installation tips will be taken off the Interne t

HODGES Mark Mark.HODGES at thomson.net
Mon Mar 24 09:17:54 GMT 2003

Dear Bo,

I have little experience of computer systems let alone CVS. I am an
Electronics Engineer and as all good Engineers know they should be able to
turn their hands to anything with a bit of thought, effort and occasionally
help from others.

I was asked to install a version control system that would aid the Software
Development Team. I had heard many times people mention this 'God-like'
software, simply called CVS. Therefore I trawled through hundreds of
references on the internet of 'how to install CVS'.  I spent hours trying
and trying again to achieve my goal of installing this version control
system.

And then I found CVS NT.

I now have CVS NT, WinCVS and an automated build robot running on a Win2000
server with a mixture of win98, NT and 2000 client machines. All this was
achieved with the sterling effort of the many talented and dedicated people
who run open source projects for no monetary reward, like yourself.

I (and many others) truly appreciate all the effort you put into this
project in making it work. All the time you take in answering the questions
that get asked again and again. All the time you put in to make sure every
reported bug is fixed. All the time you take to implement new ideas.

MacPherson is the only person I have seen putting down CVS NT. Perhaps you
can be comforted by the fact that you have had 281216 happy visitors since
5th August 2002.

I couldn't have achieved today, what I have done, without you, Bo.

My sincerest thanks,

Mark Hodges.

As of February 12th, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.
Please note my new email address: mark.hodges at thomson.net

http://www.thomson.net/