[cvsnt] Re: Touched UCS-2 file is "locally modified"

Terris Linenbach nospam at nospam.com
Mon Mar 24 19:01:20 GMT 2003

Hi Tony,

I am using "local" mode with build 77a.  It's definitely a timestamp issue.

The copy command changes the timestamp for me, at least on NTFS.  But
another way to modify the timestamp is to open the file in notepad, alter it
trivially, save it, then un-do the change and save the file again.  CVS is
smarter than file timestamps when it comes to detecting whether a file has
been modified, except apparently for UCS2 files.

** Before "touch" **

c:>dir utc.reg
03/22/2003  10:02a                 338 utc.reg

File: utc.reg           Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.11    Sat Mar 22 18:02:31 2003
   Repository revision: 1.11    d:/cvs/utc.reg,v
   Expansion option:    u
   Commit Identifier:   6bc3e7ca5370000
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      -ku
   Merge From:          (none)

** After "touch" **

c:>dir utc.reg
03/24/2003  10:57a                 338 utc.reg

File: utc.reg           Status: Locally Modified

news:b5irnn$51o$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...