[cvsnt] Re: How to set CVSROOT to connect from UNIX?

Jasmeet virdi at softhome.net
Mon Mar 31 13:39:34 BST 2003

I am not sure whether u are asking about CVS NT on linux or linux's own CVS
server ? the following desc. is for using linux's own CVS server.
to work with CVS on linux, u can only use interoperability with windows
using pserver. By defaul this is not enabled in RedHat (in RH8 afaik). For
that u'd have to independantly run the CVS server using either inetd or
xinetd (which ever u are using). And also certain modifications need to made
to the /etc/services .. to enable handling of traffic on port 2401 !!
need more details .. refer to CVS-RCS Linux howto .. somewhere on the
tldp.org.

;)
njoi
-js

"Zsolt Koppany" <zsolt.koppany at intland.com> wrote in message
news:b67fte$nnp$1 at sisko.nodomain.org...
> Hi,
>
> how do I have to set CVSROOT on Linux (RedHat) that I can checkout on
Linux?