[cvsnt] Disabling non-logged operations

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri May 2 18:25:36 BST 2003

{whips out his CVS pocket reference} According to the chart on pg. 46, it
applies to annotate, checkout, commit, diff, edit, editors, export, log,
rdif, remove, rtag, status, tag, and unedit--in other words, I think all the
operations that are logged.  I checked using a test "cvs -l commit" followed
by another "cvs commit" and the -l commit was not in the history report, so
it seems to be working in the 2.0.3 server & client.

D:\test\junk>cvs --help-options
CVS global options (specified before the command name) are:
    -D prefix       Adds a prefix to CVSROOT
    -H              Displays usage information for command.
    -Q              Cause CVS to be really quiet.
    -q              Cause CVS to be somewhat quiet.
    -r              Make checked-out files read-only.
    -w              Make checked-out files read-write (default).
    -l              Turn history logging off.
[snip]

D:\test\junk>cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.3 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.3 (client/server)

Thanks,

Glen Starrett