[cvsnt] long command line

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 8 17:23:26 BST 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003 18:02:20 +0200, "Hartmut Honisch" <hartmut_honisch at web.de>
wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>when using TortoiseCVS, cvs command lines sometimes become longer than
>Windows permits (4k on NT, 256 bytes on 9x). Is there an alternative way of
>passing commands to cvs, e.g. make cvs read them from a file? If not, Tony,
>what's you opinion about adding such a feature?

It's not really practical - cvs relies on correct argc/argv parameters passed
to main().

There should be no reason for a command line to get that large at all...
You'd have to individually select thousands of files to do that.  Tortoise has
never done such a thing for me - it always correctly passes the
module/directory names.