[cvsnt] cvs [update aborted]: cannot rename file .new.glbldata.c

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Fri May 9 22:00:33 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm finding a problem with the cvsnt client shipped with WinCVS 1.3.13.1
Beta 13 build 1.
It is also in WinCvs13b10.zip.

When I run the command below from a DOS window (or CygWin), it works as
expected.
But, I am trying to do the EXACT same thing from perl with system($cvscmd)
and I tried
`$cvscmd` as well. and I get this strange result about not being able to
find the
file it just made called .new.whatever.c

cvs -d:pserver:engineering\rlawson at fe408886:/work update -A -C -r3.10
work/glbldata.c
cvs [update aborted]: cannot rename file .new.glbldata.c to glbldata.c: No
such
file or directory

$ cvs -version

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57k) (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Oct 19 2002) Copyright (c) 1999-2001 Tony Hoyle and others
see http://www.cvsnt.org

Just to make sure, I disabled my Virus Scan because I read some threads
about that haveing this effect. No change.

Any ideas???