[cvsnt] how do I change a repository?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun May 11 21:23:30 BST 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003 23:43:56 -0700, "Victor A. Wagner, Jr."
<vawjr at rudbek.com> wrote:

>I've been using a remote repository for a project I've been working on,
>lots of :pserver:blah.....  in the Root files of each of the CVS directories.
>
>now the remote server has gone away (with little warning).  I have the
>latest update, and would like to continue development, and even have my own
>cvsnt server running here, but.... I've got ALL these Root files pointing
>at the wrong place.
>
>Is there going to be any easy way to get them in to MY repository (I know,
>I've lost all the history)?
>Victor A. Wagner Jr.      http://rudbek.com

1. Install CVSNT on a PC in your control
2. Create a repository for your projects
3. Traverse your local copy dir tree and delete all CVS subdirs
4. CVS import the old project sources to your new CVS server
5. Check out a project copy using your favourite protocol (sspi)
6. Continue developing.

Import is used to get external sources into CVS version control and it
seems appropriate to use that here....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)