[cvsnt] Re: Problems during Update

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 12 14:03:43 BST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003 13:44:37 +0100, "Jon Rabone" <jon.rabone at criticalblue.com>
wrote:

>I've seen this renaming problem occur on systems without any virus
>scanning software. Is it possible that the Win2K Indexing Service could
>cause it?

I doubt it, otherwise it'd be a lot more widespread - I seem to have the
indexing service on this box and have never had this problem (unless you have
to enable it somehow, but I can't see any special control for it).

I've never seen it here, and everyone who's reported it (not many,
comparitively, but a few) have been running Norton.  It's entirely possible
other software exhibits this behaviour, though.