[cvsnt] Re: Problems during Update

Keith D. Zimmerman kzimmerman at eshcom.com
Mon May 12 15:53:33 BST 2003

It would seem like you could do a similar thing to the locking thing....
As such (I don't know where the code is, but here is a potential
solution...)

HANDLE fileHandle;
long erry;
long inc = 0;

do
{
	if( inc )
	{
		//output something to the user ...     "Waiting for
exclusive rights to <filename>"
		Sleep( 1000 );
	}

	fileHandle = CreateFile( <name of rcs file>, GENERIC_WRITE, 0,
NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL );
	if( fileHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE )
		erry = GetLastError();
	inc++;
while( inc <= 10 && fileHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE && erry ==
ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION /* or whatever error code you are getting...   i
think this is correct*/ );

if( fileHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE )
	//die nicely, mumble something about A/V maybe???

//proceed with what you are doing

Or have you tried this type of thing already?

keith d. zimmerman, mcsd
eagle solutions