[cvsnt] Re: Problems during Update

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 12 16:58:06 BST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003 11:42:11 -0400, "Keith D. Zimmerman"
<kzimmerman at eshcom.com> wrote:

>What are the symptoms of the quirk?

The file remains locked, basically.  I used to get it a lot on the server side
before I restuctured the RCS code  - essentially a file close/unlock on NT
happens fractionally after you close the file.  Normally this isn't a problem,
but if you catch it quickly enough a close/rename will fail.

Unfortunately once this happens it never seems to release the lock on the file
- I tried a 1 second sleep between retries and it still didn't release the
lock, even though the handle logger said there were no open handles on the
file.